Final Reflection

I not present at the Final CPD Presentation Showcase due to medical reasons. This blog post would be about my reflection from the mock presentation before the showcase a week ago. 

Personal Presentation Experiences and Thoughts: 
This was my first presentation with my team and being the last team to present made me nervous. There was a lot of requirements to follow for this presentation such as the handover style, gestures and timing per person made me a little not used to it. I was afraid that being too coconscious about my performance would make me unnatural during presentation. 

During my presentation I felt that I was able to confidently display my knowledge about what I was presenting. However, there are some weaknesses that could be improved. One of it was, I kept turning my body towards the side and I was occasionally reading off the slides. I could talk a little slower and stand front facing the audience without turning my body towards the slides. By understanding what I could do better, I could apply it in my future presentation to better delivery my content to my intended audience. It was a good learning experience. 

Other Takeaways from Other Group’s Presentation: 

While observing other group’s presentation, I was entertained by their training video as well as their presentation. All the groups were well prepared and had interesting topics regarding inter-personal communication issues. Other than expressing their ideas and rational for their training video, I observed their posture and gestures during presentation. Most of the groups had proper postures and big hand gestures during their presentation which was something I had to improve on. One feedback I got from Miss Lim was that my hand gestures was too small. I would try to improve on it during my next presentation or even during rehearsals to gather some feedback from my peers whether does it improve my overall presentation delivery.  


Comments

Popular Posts