Formal Email: Self Introduction


To: Lim Lay Hoon
From: Shermaine Yeo Si Min
Date: January 24, 2018 
Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Miss Lim,

I would like you give you a background of my academic background, work experience, personality  and my strengths and weaknesses in communication in this email.

Academic Background 
My name is Shermaine Yeo, a Hospitality Business undergraduate from Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Prior joining SIT, I was a graduate from Republic Polytechnic with a Diploma in Sonic Arts. With my diploma, I have obtained skills such as music composition, sound designing as well as live sound related skills set. I was also a former intern and sound designer from Resorts World Sentosa under Universal Studios Singapore (USS).

I developed an interest in the hospitality industry after my work experience in USS. I would like to learn more about hospitality industry which became the reason for choosing Hospitality Business in my university studies.

Work Experience 
After enrolling in SIT, I had a four months internship in Macro Events, an events company with a position of an event assistant under the projects department. It was an interesting and insightful experience where I gained knowledge of the operations and planning side of the events industry. I would like to continue exploring the events industry under different companies in the future.

Personality
I have a shy personality, in an unfamiliar environment, it might take some time for me to get used to the environment and open up myself to people around me. However, with the help of my work experience,  I have learnt to speak out my thoughts by pushing myself to interact with more people.  It puts me in a situation outside my comfort zone and it allows me to overcome my shyness and maintain professionalism at work. Having a conversation with other people was much easier after.

I realised that communication is an effective tool to allow people to understand you as well as understanding people. Despite being better at it now there are still a lot of improvement that needs to be made from my part. I will continue to push myself to work with unfamiliar people at new environment so that I could better improve my communication skills.

I look forward to further develop my communication skills in this module.

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

Yours sincerely,
Shermaine Yeo 

Comments

Popular Posts